How to migrate from Heroku
Scalingo is a Platform as a Service highly compatible with Heroku. It’s very easy to understand and you shouldn’t have any problem migrating your app from Heroku to Scalingo.
It is so easy that you can use heroku2scalingo, a tool to migrate a simple Heroku app to Scalingo.
It works by performing the following operations in the same order as below:
- Authentication to Scalingo
- Authentication to Heroku API
- Creation of Scalingo app
- Get/Set environment variables
git cloneyour heroku app repository
git push scalingo master-> Auto-deployment using the
Other advanced operations are planned, for more informations take a look at the github project.
You can download the latest version by following this link : https://github.com/Scalingo/heroku2scalingo/releases/latest.
Advanced apps migration
- The Procfile can remain the same
- You need to set the same environment variables as the ones defined on your Heroku app
- You have to set your Scalingo addons according to the addons you had on your Heroku app. If you require an addon that is not present in this list, feel free to send us an email.
- You will need to migrate any database manually, dumping it from Heroku and restoring it to Scalingo: